Have you ever noticed how the taskbar in Windows 10 is similar to macOS? There are buttons to show the current time, the system tray, the Windows Explorer, thumbnail previews of open apps, and more. But Windows 10 lacks a way to make the taskbar match the color of the window, if you’re not satisfied with the standard black color. Here are some methods that can help you change the color of the taskbar in Windows 10.
You can change the taskbar color in Windows 10 in several ways. First, you can choose a new color in the Settings app under Personalization , Taskbar . You can also use a registry hack to change the taskbar color in an application called PCSettings. Finally, you can use the Registry Editor to make the taskbar color whatever you want.
The taskbar is what shows up at the bottom of the screen and makes the Windows 10 taskbar appear. Taskbar color can be changed to black, white or any color, and it is different from the Start menu color. The taskbar colors can be changed according to your choice and taste.
The taskbar color will be changed to white with transparency effects enabled by default after installing or upgrading to Windows 11. In Windows 11, however, you may change the taskbar color to black or any other color you choose. In Windows 11, this brief article will show you how to alter the taskbar color and activate or disable taskbar transparency effects.
The instructions may differ depending on what color you want your taskbar to be.
How to change the color of the taskbar in Windows 11 to black or white
In Windows 11, all you have to do is switch between dark and bright mode to change the taskbar color to black or white. Here’s how to go about it.
- To access Settings, press the Win + I keys together.
- Select Personalization from the left pane.
- Select Colors from the right pane.
- Choose Dark for the “Choose your mode” option to make the taskbar dark. Select Light instead of Dark to make it white.
If you just want the taskbar color to be black but the app’s window to remain white, choose Custom instead of Dark mode for the “Choose your mode” option.
Then, for “Choose your default Windows mode,” choose Dark, and for “Choose your default app mode,” choose Light. As a result, Windows 11 will apply Dark and Light mode for Windows and app mode independently. The image below shows what it looks like when just the taskbar color is changed to black and the Settings window stays white.
How to change the color of the taskbar in Windows 11 to any other color
To change the taskbar color to whatever color you like, you’ll need to do a few additional steps. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- To access Settings, press the Win + I keys together.
- Select Personalization from the left pane. Then choose Colors from the right-hand menu.
- Select Dark from the “Choose your mode” drop-down option.
- If you just want to alter the color of your taskbar and not the color of program windows like the Settings window, choose Custom instead of the “Choose your mode” option. Then, for “Choose your default Windows mode,” choose Dark, and for “Choose your default app mode,” choose Light.
- Then, go down to the “Show accent color on Start and taskbar” option and enable it.
- After enabling the option, you may change the color of the taskbar by choosing a color from the Accent color drop-down menu. If the Accent color choice isn’t already set to Manual, be sure to do so first.
The option to “Show accent color on Start and taskbar” is disabled.
If the Windows color mode is set to Light, the “Show accent color on Start and taskbar” option will be greyed out. It will only be accessible if you set your Windows color mode to Dark. Set the “Choose your mode” option to Custom and then the “Choose your default Windows mode” choice to Dark to open the option.
In Windows 11, how can I make the taskbar transparent?
To activate or disable the transparency effect of the taskbar in Windows 11, visit the Personalization settings using the same methods as before.
Then, next to Transparency effects, click the radio option to turn it on or off, depending on whether you want Windows and surfaces to look translucent (transparent effect).
Here’s how to change the taskbar color in Windows 11 to black, white, or any other color, as well as enable or deactivate taskbar transparency.
The taskbar can be a pain to look at on some backgrounds, which is why most users have their taskbar color changed to match the wallpaper. This trick is usually used to minimize the amount of white visible on the taskbar, thus making it easier to see what is going on. Windows 10 includes a number of customizing options for the taskbar, including the ability to change the color of the taskbar.. Read more about show accent color on taskbar greyed out and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the color of the taskbar in Windows 11?
You can change the color of your taskbar by going to Settings > Personalization > Colors.
How do I make my taskbar black and white?
This is a very common question, but unfortunately there is no answer.
How do I make my taskbar black in color?
To make your taskbar black in color, you can use a program called Windows Black Theme and select the Dark Mode option.
- can t change taskbar color windows 10
- how to change font color on taskbar windows 10
- show accent color on the following surfaces
- start, taskbar and action center greyed out
- how to change color in windows 10