• Prime Minister inaugurates Ro-ro 'dream project'
Prime Minister inaugurates Ro-ro 'dream project'

The Congress had criticised the Election Commission's decision to not announce the dates for the Gujarat poll along with its announcement of the Himachal Pradesh election schedule. After the inauguration of the Phase 1 of the service, Modi travelled in the Maiden voyage of the service from Ghogha to Dahej. "When I was the chief minister of Guja...

Read more

  • ISIS Claims Responsibility for Kabul Mosque Attack
ISIS Claims Responsibility for Kabul Mosque Attack

Afghanistan's Shi'ite population has been heavily hit this year, with at least 84 people killed and 194 wounded in attacks on their mosques and religious ceremonies, according to a United Nations report released last week. On Friday, two separate attacks on mosques killed scores of people in Afghanistan. Afghan officials said a suicide bomber det...

Read more

  • Trump video played at hurricane relief concert
Trump video played at hurricane relief concert

Four of the five former presidents - Obama, George W. Bush, Carter and Clinton - made brief remarks that did not mention Trump. He said while the devastation caused has been "heartbreaking", it has illuminated "the spirit of America at its best, when ordinary people step up and do extraordinary things".

Read more

  • 'Mersal' Row: Makers Release Statement Clarifying That They Spoke To BJP Leaders
'Mersal' Row: Makers Release Statement Clarifying That They Spoke To BJP Leaders

The scene continues to get thunderous applause in theatres but alas the producers have chose to chop it off to steer clear of the controversy. Vadivelu in his inimitable style opens his wallet and tells the thief that it's empty, thanks to Digital India .

Read more

  • Texas town offers hurricane relief, but only with a political promise
Texas town offers hurricane relief, but only with a political promise

However, individuals and businesses submitting applications (pdf) for the funding must sign a contract affirming that "the applicant: (1) does not boycott Israel; and (2) will not boycott Israel during the term of this agreement". "In short, the Texas law being enforced by the City of Dickinson - as well as other cities throughout Texas , in...

Read more

  • Georgia Lawmaker Suggests Quarantining People Who Are HIV Positive
Georgia Lawmaker Suggests Quarantining People Who Are HIV Positive

Georgia state Rep. Betty Price says her comments suggesting that people with HIV might be quarantined to curb the spread of the infectious disease - which ignited a national firestorm - were "taken completely out of context". Price's husband, Tom, was the health secretary under President Donald Trump , who has faced his own share of cond...

Read more

  • Are bots behind Rahul Gandhi's surging Twitter popularity? Congress disagrees
Are bots behind Rahul Gandhi's surging Twitter popularity? Congress disagrees

BJP leaders charged that the Twitter handles supporting Rahul, and retweeting his tweets, were computer-generated and were dubiously coming from countries such as Kazakstan, Russia and Indonesia. Lal raised two questions at the end of that piece, asking whether BJP supporters were using Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to mask their IP addresses, or...

Read more

  • Obama blasts 'politics of division' during triumphant return
Obama blasts 'politics of division' during triumphant return

It's Obama's return to the political spotlight for the first time since leaving the White House in January. The race between Northam and former Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie is considered the only competitive statewide race in the nation this year, raising the stakes for Obama's visit to the state with the election less than...

Read more

  • Sunday weather: Rainy morning, then scattered showers
Sunday weather: Rainy morning, then scattered showers

Sunday night: Scattered showers before 11 p.m., then areas of fog. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Monday will have showers likely with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Monday: A 20 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Lows will be in the mid-60s with an 80 percent chance of rai...

Read more

  • Tillerson to visit India, Pakistan next week
Tillerson to visit India, Pakistan next week

The Times of India suggests India's government appreciated Tillerson's critique of both China and Pakistan and embraced Tillerson's call for a "shared commitment to a rule-based global order". Advocating stronger India-US relations for the next 100 years, Tillerson said China, while rising alongside India, has done so less responsibly. The US d...

Read more

  • Golmaal Again Has A Rocking Day 2 (Saturday) At The Box Office!
Golmaal Again Has A Rocking Day 2 (Saturday) At The Box Office!

What is more interesting to note here is that Golmaal Again was pitted against Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan's home production, Secret Superstar which hit screens one day in advance on 19th October. Golmaal Again has managed to tickle the amusing bone of the cinema lovers. Golmala Again has earned Rs. 30 crore 14 lakh on the first day at the d...

Read more

  • Estimates predicting warmer winter this year
Estimates predicting warmer winter this year

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday it expects a warmer and drier winter for Southern California. La Nina has a 55- to 65-percent chance of developing before winter sets in, NOAA forecasters indicate. The rest of the country falls into the " equal chance " category, which means there is an equal chance for above-...

Read more

  • Soldier's widow shares her call with Trump
Soldier's widow shares her call with Trump

Trump spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders repeated the claim Wednesday, saying the president "has made contact with all of the families that have been presented to him through the White House Military Office". "I didn't hear the whole phone call but I did hear him say, 'I'm sure he knew what he was signing up for but it still hurts", Wilson said ...

Read more

  • Illegal Minor Gets Abortion Rights Even Americans Don't Have
Illegal Minor Gets Abortion Rights Even Americans Don't Have

The girl is still to be taken for a counseling session Thursday as required under Texas law, where she is now being held in a government-contracted shelter. District Court for the District of Columbia by the American Civil Liberties Union . A judge has temporarily prevented a minor in the US illegally from obtaining an abortion until another hea...

Read more

  • Diwali 2017: Air quality deteriorates in Delhi, Mumbai as pollution levels soar
Diwali 2017: Air quality deteriorates in Delhi, Mumbai as pollution levels soar

According to the Central Pollution Control Board's SAMEER app, between 11pm and 4am when highest level of pollution is usually expected, Delhi and NCR mostly had "very poor" air quality. Chennai, which reported a decrease in sale of crackers is choking under a cloud of smog this morning and Mumbai, too, is witnessing a dense haze. Regardless of t...

Read more

  • Thomas pulls clear in South Korea
Thomas pulls clear in South Korea

Kim Whee maintained home hopes of a victory at the PGA Tour's first regular season event in South Korea after a two-under 70 lifted him into a tie for sixth on six-under with Marc Leishman , Patrick Reed and Chez Reavie, who all carded 72s.

Read more

  • Sethi responds to latest spot-fixing scare
Sethi responds to latest spot-fixing scare

From that case , a number of players were punished by the PCB for failing to report the approaches and two - Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif - have been found guilty and banned for more serious breaches of the PCB's anti-corruption code. In a tweet sent out today (Saturday), the PCB Chairman said that, yes, a player had indeed been approached by a s...

Read more

  • George W. Bush Slams #MAGA: Nativism, Bigotry, 'Casual Cruelty' Pulling Us Apart
George W. Bush Slams #MAGA: Nativism, Bigotry, 'Casual Cruelty' Pulling Us Apart

During remarks he delivered on Thursday at the George W. Bush Institute in Dallas, Texas, however, the former president codified his political opinions into something more than just another attack on Trump . From chastising his Republican successor for his many battles with the media and the controversial Muslim travel ban , to describing Tr...

Read more

  • Teens reportedly arrested after rocks thrown off I-75 bridge, killing man
Teens reportedly arrested after rocks thrown off I-75 bridge, killing man

The Genesee County Sheriff's Office says a man driving down I-75 on Wednesday night died after a being hit by a rock thrown from an overpass. Authorities said four other cars were struck with large rocks and were waiting for police to arrive when the fatal incident occurred.

Read more

  • Quality Infrastructure will not affect traditional ethos of Kedarnath : PM
Quality Infrastructure will not affect traditional ethos of Kedarnath : PM

He said: "When the ruler turns arrogant, then his downfall is very close". This is the third visit of the Prime Minister to his poll-bound home state this month. "But Baba (Lord Shiv) had decided that only this son of his would reconstruct Kedarnath". While the tenure of the incumbent Himachal assembly is set to end on January 7, the term for Guj...

Read more