• Lockdown in French city of Nimes following incident at railway station
Lockdown in French city of Nimes following incident at railway station

Update [01:55 AM PST]: Local police took one person into custody late Saturday night in Nîmes, France; the person is reported to have been in possession of a non-lethal, alarm gun in his backpack. Police said the station was evacuated. Train services were briefly cancelled, and passengers told to reschedule their journeys, but by 11pm the "situat...

Read more

  • When terror struck Barcelona on August 17, 2017
When terror struck Barcelona on August 17, 2017

The police are now hunting for Moroccan-born Younes Abouyaaqoub, said to be at the centre of the investigation into the Thursday massacre in which a van driven by terrorists ploughed into a crowd in Barcelona's Las Ramblas boulevard killing 13 civilians and injuring 13 people, the Telegraph reported .

Read more

  • Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon out at WH
Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon out at WH

Jason Greenblatt, the president's special representative for worldwide negotiations now leading the administration's talks with Israelis and Palestinians, attended the day's meetings, and posted photos of the White House summit and dinner on Twitter .

Read more

  • Polls: Majority troubled by Donald Trump Charlottesville response
Polls: Majority troubled by Donald Trump Charlottesville response

He lost the support of a string of chief executives, forcing him to shut down two business advisory councils set up to energise American industry. Mr Trump unleashed attacks on two Republican senators, Mr Jeff Flake and Mr Lindsey Graham , in a series of Twitter posts yesterday, raising fresh doubts about his ability to work with lawmakers i...

Read more

  • At Least Ten Killed, Dozens Injured in India Train Derail
At Least Ten Killed, Dozens Injured in India Train Derail

The express train from Puri to Haridwar derailed near the city of Khatauli, Uttar Pradesh Police said in a statement. The injured were taken to a local hospital, where doctors said their conditions were stable. The national authorities have sent disaster teams to help. There are fears some passengers are caught inside mangled coaches and death to...

Read more

  • Video of Chinese Army pelting stones at Indian troops in Ladakh surfaces
Video of Chinese Army pelting stones at Indian troops in Ladakh surfaces

It is pertinent to mention that Japan is also engaged with the sovereignty issue with China over East China sea. He said two border personnel meetings had taken place between Indian border guards and Chinese troops recently. India accuses China of illegally occupying a section of the lake, which has Tibet on its eastern end. Reacting to the...

Read more

  • Marco Rubio Backs State Department's Efforts on International Religious Freedom
Marco Rubio Backs State Department's Efforts on International Religious Freedom

However, China has issued a strongly worded statement against the USA and asked the State Department to "mind its own business". "I commend Secretary of State Tillerson for personally releasing the State Department's latest International Religious Freedom Report and helping to underscore how seriously the United States takes this fundamental huma...

Read more

  • Donald Trump tells Guam missile threat will be great for tourism
Donald Trump tells Guam missile threat will be great for tourism

A recent editorial in a Chinese State-owned newspaper was picked up by the Washington Post who published what may very well be China's stance on the Korean peninsula and the mounting threat: "China should also make clear that if North Korea launches missiles that threaten US soil first and the USA retaliates, China will stay neutral ".

Read more

  • Deepa Jayakumar opposes plans to convert Jaya's residence into memorial
Deepa Jayakumar opposes plans to convert Jaya's residence into memorial

She had taken the political plunge months after her aunt's demise and had launched the MGR Amma Deepa Peravai on 24 February, the birth anniversary of Jayalalithaa. The two-page letter has been written to the Palanisamy after his government on Thursday chose to convert Veda Nilayam, Jayalalithaa's residence in Poes Garden, into a memorial.

Read more

  • Boston Prepares For Right-Wing Rally Saturday
Boston Prepares For Right-Wing Rally Saturday

Last weekend's violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, where one woman was killed in a vehicle rampage after bloody street battles, ratcheted up racial tensions already inflamed by white supremacist groups marching more openly in rallies across the United States.

Read more

  • Before questioning statue removal, Trump supported taking down Confederate flag
Before questioning statue removal, Trump supported taking down Confederate flag

The Unite the Right rally, which drew hundreds of neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klan members and white supremacists marching to anti-Semitic chants, was nominally prompted by plans to remove a statue of Confederate general Robert E Lee from a Charlottesville park.

Read more

  • Duke University Removes Robert E. Lee Statue From Chapel Entrance
Duke University Removes Robert E. Lee Statue From Chapel Entrance

The statue's removal came a week after demonstrations by white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups in Charlottesville, Va., turned violent. The prestigious university will preserve the statue of Lee, who led Confederate forces in the American Civil War of 1861-1865, and use it as an educational tool so that students can study "Duke's complex past", P...

Read more

  • Friday weather: Sunny skies, highs in the 80s, some wind
Friday weather: Sunny skies, highs in the 80s, some wind

The rain is expected to give way to patchy fog in the metro area Friday night . Monday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers after 2am. Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Saturday night: Clear, with a low around 52. Partly sunny, with a high near 89. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.

Read more

  • Death toll of cows rises to 45 in Sagun Gaushala
Death toll of cows rises to 45 in Sagun Gaushala

After the matter came to light, SDM Rajesh Patre along with the team of four Veterinary Doctor reached the spot and found that the Gaushala was very dirty and more than 600 cows have been kept in the space of 200 cows. But the BJP leader in his defence has raised finger at Raman Singh government, which was giving aide to the Shagun Gaushala . "I...

Read more

  • PA State Troopers shot; suspect shot dead
PA State Troopers shot; suspect shot dead

The shootings occurred outside the Fairchance Shop 'n Save store at 58 W. Church St. between 8 and 9 p.m. The troopers fired back, killing Belsar, police said. This is a breaking news update and will be updated as more information becomes available. KDKA reports : Sources tell KDKA that one trooper was shot in the stomach and was in surgery at a...

Read more

  • Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar train derailment: 15-20 injured
Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar train derailment: 15-20 injured

Rescue work is underway, with teams of the National Disaster Response Force being mobilised to add to the efforts. Several people are feared to be injured following the incident that took place near Khatauli station. Prabhu took to Twitter to share information on the same and posted, "Have ordered inquiry into the unfortunate accident to asce...

Read more

  • Wallabies captain Hooper dreaming of Bledisloe Cup success
Wallabies captain Hooper dreaming of Bledisloe Cup success

Fullback McKenzie got his first try in three tests, and flanker Squire scored his second try in eight tests as All Blacks led 40-6 at halftime - and six tries to nil. The Wallabies defence was shredded again and Crotty scored an easy try near the posts after Beauden Barrett handled twice in the lead-up. Meanwhile, after one of the most tu...

Read more

  • Trump Abandons Plan for Council on Infrastructure
Trump Abandons Plan for Council on Infrastructure

Two other high-level advisory councils convened by Trump ran aground this week because of Charlottesville. However, amid a widening corporate backlash over Trump's insistence on blaming "both sides" for clashes between white supremacists and anti-fascist demonstrators, in which a 32-year-old woman was killed when a vehicle rammed a crowd on Satur...

Read more

  • N.Korean nuclear ICBM a 'red line': Moon
N.Korean nuclear ICBM a 'red line': Moon

Some 28,500 USA servicemembers are stationed in South Korea to act as a "tripwire" against an attack from the North. Dunford was in Seoul speaking to South Korean military officials, including Defence Minister Song Young-moo. Pyongyang then threatened to fire a salvo of missiles towards the United States territory of Guam - a plan that leader K...

Read more

  • North Korea: China urges Trump not to worsen situation
North Korea: China urges Trump not to worsen situation

Earlier this week, Trump said that North Korea would be met with "fire and fury" if it made further threats against the USA, and then on Thursday , he suggested that those words may not have been "tough enough" after the threats from North Korea continued.

Read more